A simple rearrangement to five levels of wounds may help us better understand wound healing. It may also function as a sieve.
The levels are the following:
- Level 0: wounds which will heal without any intervention
- Level 1: wounds which will heal without any intervention but must be monitored
- Level 2: wounds that heal by itself but may need additional care.
- Level 3: wounds that will not heal due to perfusion issues.
- Level 4: wounds that will not heal due to are metabolic issues.
This simple separation may help in understanding difficulties in wound healing because each level requires a different skill set.